Software Engineer – DevOps / Platform-EngineeringSoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – DevOps / Platform- Engineering
Want the opportunity to actively shape the technical future of trivago? Enjoy the freedom to question established processes, work with top-notch technologies and develop new tools to impress our 120 million users per month!
What you’ll do:
- Build, setup and automate immutable infrastructure with configuration management tools like Saltstack to ensure trivago’s speed is not impacted with its growth.
- Consult the team on how to build a reliable, fault-tolerant and immutable infrastructure and application design based on best practices.
- With heavy growth comes new technical requirements. Research new ideas and build prototypes using Vagrant or Saltstack for example.
- Design, build and maintain custom toolsets when the necessary tool is not on the market.
- Work hand in hand with other teams and departments in order to make your work more productive.
- As an expert in your area, you will be expected to share your knowledge and impart your wisdom with the rest of the us by documenting processes and consulting team members.
What you’ll need:
- A degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Information Technology etc.) or an apprenticeship with relevant work experience in a high scale environment.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in: Software Engineering, DevOps / Automation, Designing reusable platforms, Web Infrastructure and Open Source.
- Proficient software development skills in Go, C/C++, Rust, Python, or PHP.
- Proficiency in system administration (Linux, BSD etc.)
- Proficiency in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, CFEngine, Ansible).
- Proficiency in cloud (AWS, GoogleCloud, OpenNebula).
- A good understanding of UNIX/Linux platforms (Debian, FreeBSD), SQL / NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis), protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and management/automation tools (Saltstack, Vagrant, Docker).
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.
- Candidates applying from outside the EU must have a university degree.
Software Engineer – Machine Learning – Search Personalization Software Engineering, Düsseldorf ASP.Net – QA Engineer – Organizational Solutions Software Engineering, Düsseldorf trivago Tech Camp – For Tech Students – August 28th to September 8th 2017 Software Engineering, DüsseldorfSee all open career opportunities