Software Engineer – Data Plumber to Master Our Hotel Data
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Data Plumber to Master Our Hotel Data
- Provide the data core to make our slogan, “We know everything about hotels”, come true.
- Combine different storage and streaming technologies to implement efficient data pipelines.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Has a SOLID understanding of software construction.
- Knows how to deal with a big amount of data and build large-scale data pipelines.
- Has experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code environments.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Saltstack, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, Neo4j.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.