Backend Software Engineer – Core Java / Java ConcurrencySoftware Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
Backend Software Engineer – Core Java / Java Concurrency
Our Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate.
We are looking for a versatile individual who is passionate about their craft, and has the ambition to push technology forward. You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise, you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice.
- Build and maintain Java backend applications.
- Play a leading role in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members from other teams (BI, Product, etc.).
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute to one of our lovely open source projects.
- Initiate ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- You have demonstrated the ability to master object oriented development in Core Java, especially Java Concurrency/ Multi-threading. (Please be aware that Pure JEE experience is not relevant for this position).
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing large scale web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of building high performance, highly scalable and fault-tolerant web applications.
- Experience in using NoSQL technologies (Redis, Cassandra, etc.).
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- A master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- Excellent communication skills.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.